Swan Housing Association was first formed in 1994 and provides high-quality and affordable homes to rent and buy.
Today, we operate in Essex and East London and locally manage over 11,000 homes.
Swan Housing Association Limited is registered as an exempt charity under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (Registered Number: 28496R) and with the Homes and Communities Agency (Registered Number: L4145).
NU living is committed to creating beautifully designed, high quality places – that fit our customer’s expectations and lifestyles. Working primarily across East London and Essex, NU living is creating homes people love, in places where they want to build their future.
All of our new homes are finished to a high standard and designed to offer style and comfort for modern living.
The shared ownership process
Shared ownership schemes are a cross between buying and renting; aimed mainly at first-time buyers. You own a share and then rent the part you don’t own at a reduced rate. Read on to find out how they work and how to apply.
- Find a suitable property here.
- Register your interest via our online form.
- You will be asked to have a preliminary conversation with a recommended specialist mortgage advisor to assess affordability.
- We can arrange viewings of our properties so you can find one that fits your needs and finances.
- Once you have found your ideal property a further meeting with the specialist mortgage advisor to fine tune your finances against your chosen property is required.
- A reservation fee of £500 is required to take your property off the market, this forms part of the purchase price of the property. At the time of reservation you will be required to provide details for your chosen solicitor, Note:- In addition to the reservation fee, there are other expenses to consider such as; legal and conveyance fees payable to your chosen solicitor.
- Exchange of contracts will be required within 28 working days on receipt of contracts by your solicitor. This is enough time for your solicitor to raise any questions on your behalf and for your mortgage to be finalised.
- You will be notified by your solicitor of your exchange and completion date, however sometimes this can take place on the same day (known as simultaneous exchange and completion).